Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It just gets worse

After lunch, I was checking my email in the bedroom when I heard a huge CRASH!

I assumed it was the workers upstairs, but in fact it was my dining room ceiling, crashing down under the weight of the water-soaked vermiculite insulation from the rain 2 weeks ago.

On the bright side, I got to see the inside of my dining room ceiling:

and I'll get a brand new ceiling.


I'm trying not to think about how it crashed down at the exact spot where M. always sits at the table... or how there was water in every other room in the house, and how do I know that those ceilings, too, won't come crashing down. The contractor said it's a good thing that the plaster ceiling is now gone under the addition (much heavier than the drywall replacing it) so it actually counteracts somewhat the added weight of the addition. Bright sides... everything has a bright side, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy sweet oh-my-god.

I hope the costs are covered by someone????