Monday, February 19, 2007

Socks for my sweetie

C. has owned several pairs of the Ugg rip-off boots (I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a pair of boots until her feet stop growing). However, she outgrew her last pair a few weeks ago, and I'd been searching for a replacement pair since Christmastime! (no luck) Finally we decided on a very cute pair of boots:

Unfortunately, while attractive, these lack the fleece lining that would make them some kind of warm for a Wisconsin winter. Never fear--I decided I could "whip up" a pair of wool socks for her to wear with the boots.

And that's why I haven't gotten any further on my February sweater (vest) of the month.

Despite being worsted weight 100% wool, they aren't knitting themselves! But they are moving along. C. loves them (they're shades of her two favorite colors--brown and green). Hopefully things will settle down enough today that I can finish them, but here's the picture thusfar:

No comments: