Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Vintage Button Swap

While surfing through some crafty-type blogs, I somehow stumbled onto a blog that is doing a Vintage Button Swap. I had to ask exactly what defines "vintage" (I was told that pre-70's qualifies), and then I signed up!

When I was little, my grandma (my dad's mom) had this cool pedal-powered sewing machine. In three of the drawers of the sewing machine she had buttons that she'd cut off of every piece of clothing (I think) that she'd ever worn. And I loved to play with those buttons! I'd sort them by color or size or any other fascinating characteristic.

And so when my grandma died, I made my request for her buttons. I've been adding to it a bit since that time, and I hope that my kids (and grandkids) have as much fun looking at all the different buttons in the collection.

I went through that collection and chose 12 buttons that I had duplicates for (I didn't want to give away anything truly one-of-a-kind) and then I signed up!

If you want to sign up, too, here's the place to go:
Vintage Button Swap

No comments: