Saturday, July 29, 2006

New Computer

Not much to post about, but the kids' computer died this week and we decided to bite the bullet and get a new one. We really couldn't swing the cost of a Mac at this point, so we got this one. It's an HP Pavilion (our third pavilion in 15 years) with AMD Athlon™ 64 3800+, 200GB SATA hard drive, 1024MB of DDR SDRAM and {drum roll, please} a DVD burner! :) So I've spent the last day and a half doing all the fun set-up stuff like downloading and installing a schmillion drivers and cleaning up our "old" computer (POS eMachines) to give to the kids. They're networked and appear to be running well right now. Fingers crossed!

I did have a bit of time to knit and I've started on a tank top for myself. Our LYS, Ruhama's, had their summer sale a week ago and I found some wonderful yarn on clearance. The yarn I found is Dale's Svale in natural (0020). It's a cotton/viscose/silk blend. So far it's knitting up nicely. I'll try to post a picture so far--soon!

No comments: