Sunday, July 16, 2006

Gone to camp

C. has gone to Girl Scout camp for her third year. She left this afternoon (Sunday) and we will pick her up on Friday at 6:00 pm. It's very strange for me because I didn't go to drop her off this year. As G. pointed out, it is silly for all five of us to drive 45 minutes in 100 degree temps, so that the younger two can be miserable in the heat when we get there and have to stand in lines to check C. in, then trek across the campground to carry her stuff, and then leave. Sound idea, but I'm sad, since that means that I don't get to see the tent where she will be living for the next five days...

G. took pictures, at least:

And if any of you want to send her mail at camp, I know she loves getting stuff. Email me for her address... It should be an "interesting" week as temps are supposed to be in the 90's and 4 of the 5 days she'll be gone are supposed to have scattered thunder storms... not the best weather for camp!

I hope to be able to snag pictures from the camp website to post, too! Here are some shots from the last two summers that she went to camp. (click to make the images bigger)

2004--Animal Adventure

2005--Horse Camp (Wrangler)


1 comment:

Cindy said...

Looks like a really fun camp! I'm sure she will have a fabulous time.