Pictures may not show it, but we spent a LOT of time this weekend doing the fussy little things that need to be done before we can move upstairs.
First we stained:
and then varnished:
all of the woodwork upstairs. We also varnished the cork floor, which had gotten VERY beaten up from all the workers. It went from this:
(ok, the picture has lots of dusty footprints on it, but it really *does* look better!)
We did a LOT of paint touch-ups all over. I still have to touch up with white, but the gray's done:
The bathroom is almost all put together! The medicine cabinet is up:
and the towel racks and toilet paper holders are mounted:
And G. made shelves for the little space to the left of the shower stall:
And the storage areas are all cleaned and lined with old carpeting. G. also put up an edge of sorts to mark the ends of the floorboards. We also strung pull-strings from the lights. Here's the smaller room:
And the bigger room:Now we can start moving some stuff up there!