Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I can't believe it... (part 2)

As if the discovery of the Carpenter ants wasn't bad enough, I was able to reach the window installation guy.

(part of our original contract included replacement of these two living room windows, but not by the same contractor as the addition):
So the salesman who promised us the windows essentially took his $7K cut of our project, and took off. After weeks of trying to track him down, he finally paid half the cost of the windows to the window guy and promised the rest. You guessed it--he is unreachable and the window guy won't install our windows until he is paid.

So we could pay the other half (cheaper than starting over) or we can wait (ha ha) until the salesman decides to show up.

Or, of course, we can (with all of our extra time) pursue legal action against this salesman.

I am so sick of this whole mess...

3 comments:

True Mama said...

Oh, I am so, so sorry. What a string of bad luck.

It's just unfathomable to me that some people could be so unscrupulous. I mean, how does the guy sleep at night?

Abby said...

Geez. What a mess. :( I'm sorry this renovation has been so awful for you.

Cindy said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear your having this problem. I hope you can eventually catch up with that salesman.