Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Cee's Garlic Pot Roast (crock pot)


Apologies for the photo... my camera battery was charging when supper was ready, so I only have a picture of the "leftovers"!


Garlic Pot Roast (in the crock pot)
From my friend Cee, in her own words

3lb pot roast
salt, oregano and basil to taste (I used about 1/2 tsp salt and 1 T each of the others)
3 cloves roasted garlic, sliced thin
6-8 small yellow onions
8-10 small red potatoes, washed & quartered
1 1/2 cups baby carrots
3/4 C beef stock

1. Season meat with salt, oregano and basil (rub)
2. In a large skillet, on medium heat - brown meat for 5 minutes on each side
3. *stabstabstab* pot roast vigorously. Get out all of yourfrustrations! Don't worry; it's already dead.
4. Shove half of your garlic into the stab wounds you created. Aww, poor tasty cow!
5. Place pot roast in your crock pot, and arrange the rest of the garlic on top of it.
6. Add remaining ingredients to crock pot (careful not to ruin your beautiful garlic art when you pour in the stock - pour it on the side!!)
7. cook on low 6-8 hours or until beef is tender.

YUM! Make some quick pan gravy with the 'sauce' left in the crock pot afterwards, to drizzle over everything else. :)

---

my family's reactions:
T. didn't eat it (nothing with gravy!)
M. ate the meat and gravy and said it was good
C. loved it and said it was "just as good as" my potroast
G. said it was good, but not as good as my potroast
I also thought it was good, but I expected it to be even better after smelling it cooking all day! Seriously, the whole house smelled fantastic, and the pot roast was good (especially with the ease of cooking it in the crock pot), but I prefer my potroast, slow roasted in the oven for hours and hours, and made with merlot gravy. And I like mashed potatoes, too. Missed those with this.

No comments: