Wednesday, January 31, 2007

KAL updates/plans for February

So Stefaneener talked me into helping her with the Sweater-A-Month KnitALong, and I had already decided to do Project Spectrum 2.0, so my next project will hopefully accomplish both.

I was lucky enough to receive gift certificates to my LYS, Ruhama's from my mom and from one of the families that I tutor, so I went in search of a pattern and some yarn to make one of those trendy vest things that you wear over a long button-down shirt. I found Blue Sky Alpacas' Market Vest which is knit in sport weight, but I also found the most divine yarn ever--Plymouth Yarn's Baby Alpaca Grande--in a chunkier weight. Since the pattern for the Market Vest has you holding two strands of sport weight together throughout, I'm going to do a single strand of the grande. Cross your fingers for me that it works!

I figure a vest is close enough to a sweater for me, and the colors I chose are shades of blue--which fit in with Project Spectrum's Blue, White, Gray color family for February/March.

I cannot wait to start!

No comments: