Monday, March 06, 2006

I hate Mondays

I dont' really hate Mondays. I'm just a bit overwhelmed, thinking about this week coming up, and we had a very lazy weekend. I really shouldn't be online, but when has that stopped me?

First, the latest sock picture:


OK, I'm liking them more and more as I go along! I like how a "pattern" is appearing now that I'm knitting even. I'm still not sure about the natural-colored spots, but I'll reserve judgement till they're done.

Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of knitting done this weekend because I was drawn into the book that we might be doing for this month's book club, The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. I picked it up Sunday morning and almost finished it last night (had three pages to finish this morning!). I find it amusing that the timing worked out as it did. Our family is currently immersed in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat right now, with C. performing in the Children's Choir. (For those who haven't read it, the main character in The Red Tent is Dinah, who was Joseph's sister)

My house has again fallen into disarray, but I am using the excuse that my mom will be here on Thursday, so I'll be doing whole-house cleaning on Wednesday. I am doing laundry today, so it won't be a total disaster by then.

And tomorrow C. has her final Art Docent presentation at the Art Museum. I'll post more about it later, but this is the culmination of a three year program that C. was lucky enough to participate in. The fact that it falls during Tech week for Joseph is just another fun element!

Finally, here's a picture of M., nursing baby Molly. She has gotten SO into dolls lately. I can remember trying to convince C. as a toddler to "nurse" her babies, but the most she ever wanted to do was carry them in a sling. M. came up with this on her own, though she explained to me that she was just "PWETENDING to ning baby Molly cuz my bweasts aren't big like yours yet. " :)

2 comments:

suzee said...

The socks are GREAT! I want the pattern - I can't figure out how you're doing it on one set of needles.

If you want a cleaning buddy, that's what I'm up to today!

Congratulations on having such wonderful, active children! Sounds like they are doing great things.

Linz said...

The natural colour is great -- the whole colourway looks great together!