Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Froggin' We Will Go

I have not had the best luck lately with my knitting. I have always found (with a few exceptions/projects) knitting to be a wonderfully relaxing activity, but my last few projects have not been easy!

Although I *love* the pattern (widdershins) and love the yarn (Lorna's Laces), these socks are NOT knitting up true to size. I already switched the needle size from 0 to 2, and the sole fit tightly. But I knit past that and was only a few inches from the end (see:

and it's too tight to even put on my foot. :(

So it's frogged back to the heel and I"m trying to add in an additional repeat of the pattern, so the calf will be looser...possibly a scrunch-type sock. If that doesn't work, I'll have to frog the entire thing and find a different pattern. UGH!

The other thing I've been working on is trying to make a knit version of this crochet felted skull. Here it is pre-felting:

But I don't think it's going to shrink correctly. This, BTW, is after FOUR attempts initially. I think I need to give up and start knitting something fun.

No comments: