Monday, July 30, 2007

8 Things About Me

Well, newmama tagged me, so I'll give it a whirl.

I did do a "Five Things About Me" meme back in February, so it might be a stretch to come up with 8 more, but I'll try!

1. I birthed all three of my children to the CD "Fumbling Toward Ecstasy" by Sarah McLachlan. So many of the songs on that album are so fitting. When I was in labor with my third, and nearing pushing, I asked for the CD and my husband asked whether to start at the beginning or just skip to track 9 ("Hold On", which begins with the lyrics, "Hold on. Hold on to yourself. For this is gonna hurt like hell.")

2. I met my husband in college. We shared the same major, although neither of us actually were accepted into the program (he made the grade cut-off, but didn't pass the interview; I missed the grade cutoff by 0.01 grade point!).

3. I was unbelievably innocent, naive, and a goody-goody in high school. I didn't realize just how much, though, until I went to my 20 year class reunion and all my classmates were reminiscing about all their wild times in high school and I wasn't part of ANY of them. No drinking, no drugs, no sex... completely dull! ;)

4. I am not a big TV watcher, but I am TOTALLY in love with "Big Love" on HBO. Yes, it is important to note that it's on HBO, because I am such a cheapskate that the fact that I'm paying extra for HBO for one show is alarming. But it is sooooo soooo soooo good! :)

5. I love to shop. I don't even need to spend money--I just love LOOKING at, touching, dreaming about new things. This is in direct conflict with my desire to decrease my impact on the planet. (well, maybe not since I never have money to buy much of anything, but...)

6. I hate to travel. I stress and obsess for weeks before a trip, and even when I have fun (as I inevitably do), I cannot wait to get home.

(I'm stealing ideas for these last ones direct from newmama!)
7. If I'd have been a boy, I'd have been named Matthew.

8. I was never a Girl Scout, but was a Girl Scout Leader for 2 years!

I tag anyone who is reading and is interested in revealing more about themselves...

No comments: