Wednesday, November 15, 2006

"Semi-Homemade" Meal: ravioli, garlic biscuits, salad


This is one of those meals that I previously wouldn't even have posted about (I can barely take credit for "cooking" this), but since the vegetarian struck our house, I've been VERY unmotivated to cook and have been relying on the same ol, same ol... So this was one of the few "new" meals I've made in awhile.

Baked ravioli

1 package frozen ravioli (I used large round cheese ones)
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I used Newman's Own Cabernet Marinara)
8 oz. shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend)
2 T. pesto (I used one of the cubes of my own homemade pesto)

Boil the ravioli according to the directions on the package. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 and heat the jar of spaghetti sauce, adding the pesto while it heats.

Drain the ravioli, and then toss it with the warmed spaghetti sauce. Pour it into a 9x13 pan and cover with the shredded cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.

-----
Garlic biscuits

1 pkg. Pillsbury frozen biscuits
2 T. butter
2 T. olive oil
1 clove garlic
shredded parmesan

Smash the clove of garlic and remove the skin (leave the garlic in one piece). Place it into a cup with the butter and olive oil, then microwave until the butter is melted. Dip each frozen biscuit into the buttery mixture, then put on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the top of each with some parmesan, and then bake according to the package directions

-----
Salad

No comments: