Monday, November 13, 2006

8 1/2 years old!

OK, so I'm a bit late...

Last Wednesday was T's Half Birthday.

We celebrated with the traditional half-birthday cake (I claim no responsibility for the frosting of this cake--I was on hold for the third day in a row with DirecTV):


And blowing out the candles (in case you're keeping track, he left 2 candles, so some would say that's two girlfriends...):
He had a rough week last week. It was his first week of standardized testing (moronic "No Child Left Behind") and I think the lack of routine was a bad thing. :) At least, I hope this is NOT what an 8 1/2 YO boy is like! We did, however, have a very nice time Friday afternoon doing some Christmas shopping. And a week off of seeing his friends seems to have helped bring back memories of how to be nice to his family, too.

He's still my special guy...

5 comments:

Abby said...

Happy Half to T! I love your half birthday cakes, and keep thinking I want to do that but I just can't remember. I guess I have to just put it on the calendar. (Oh, and I'd use canned frosting - I don't know when I last actually made frosting!)

Anonymous said...

ugh, i hear you on the stupid standardized testing (one of my reasons for hsing). anyway, happy UNbirthday to T. i'm looking forward to the few days off they have coming up too. :)

True Mama said...

He sure is a cute kid. Hope he's treating you more nicely now!

Stefaneener said...

Yeah, I think NCLB is probably a huge impetus to some of my homeschooling buds. Hang in there. Someone told me last week that her brother had a hard time being the only boy. Awk! I hope it's just a phase. . .

Happy 1/2 birthday, T.

Stefaneener said...

Yup, I think that NCLB is behind some of my buds' decisions to homeschool. Talk about unintended consequences!

Happy 1/2 birthday to T!