Monday, November 06, 2006

Another Booga Bag... not in love

Remember the first booga bag I made? It turned out soooo cool that I jumped on the felting bandwagon with both feet! Every Michael's coupon that I got in the Sunday paper was turned into a skein of Paton's Classic Wool for an eventual booga bag!

So I finally got to working on my second one :) It's a blend of three denim shades--a new denim, a worn denim, and a denim marl.

Here it is, fully knit:
(looking pretty cool)

But now here it is, felted and assembled:


It's okay, but not quite right. Here--see if you can tell what's wrong now, in comparison with the first booga I made:


Yeah... definitely not right. I have never re-felted and I'm a bit frightened, but off I go to try and save it. Cross fingers for me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only see that it's bigger... is that the problem? Are you going to wash it again and try to shrink it? I know nothing about felting, can you tell? ;-)

Stefaneener said...

I have always had to refelt everything I've made. I've gone so far as to put wet wool items in the dryer, on hot, with tennis shoes.

Good luck. The stripes are nice.

Anonymous said...

I have to felt a lot of stuff more than once. It all depends on the yarn... but I think that one is really pretty.

RYC: Knucks are good for when you need your fingers for stuff, like to write or to pull money out for the bus or whatever. That way you don't have to expose your whole hands... at least, that's my understanding of the knuck thing.